Monday, December 10, 2012

Go.

 "Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near." -Matthew 10:7


To go means to proceed, to be in motion, to rise up. Refusing to continue sitting in my comfort zone. To step out from my own desires and to GO. 

 Going to NYC has been a lesson to me about doing something for God's Kingdom. Sometimes when I'm there I think to myself "Am I doing anything of worth here?" This weekend I was contemplating that inward war wondering if this trip was a God-sent mission or just something I do to just do.  Then God sent us to a broken neighborhood.

    This is a house on that street. It is completely tipped over to the point where someone could climb into the basement from the outside. The house we were working on (2 houses down from this one) was flooded to the ceiling at one point during the storm. The house owner was naming off people who had passed away due to drowning or being swept away by a wave. At that point we could only listen to the nightmarish story. I knew at that moment that God not only sent us to help this family with their house, but to hear their story. We took a burden off them in many ways. I pray that this family comes to know the peace of Christ in their hearts, the light in the midst of utter darkness. Join me in prayer.   

4 comments:

  1. Oh Diana, this gave me goose bumps reading it. Very selfless to step out of your comfort zone and do what Jesus calls us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been learning a lot about selflessness thanks to you Lesya :) I'm so glad you joined us this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God!
    I was wondering this as well, and this last trip that we went on, i trully prayed and desired for God's will to happen fo the trip. There was so much ways that it coudlnt have happened, wasnt working out for alot of us, but in the end the trip did happen by God's will and He blessed it! it was so comforting to know this, this past weekend.
    I loved how this time we set down and deeply listened to people stories, especially the Russian family's, God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's really weird how many of the times it doesn't work out in the beginning and then suddenly bam, God sends us to the right family. It's just proof that His hand is stretched out and His plans are not our own!

    ReplyDelete