Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cooking for 500

November 2012: I had a big decision to make. This decision kept me tossing and turning at night, it gave me nightmares, fear would run through me when thinking about saying "yes". I learned a lot about fear at that time. The fear of taking a risk, being responsible. The fear of failure... I was asked to be the head of the kitchen for a church new years celebration. For 400 people.

Let me tell you. I prayed about it, talked to Lesya and finally said yes. 500 people came. And I couldn't have done it without God and Lesya. Check out her blog here (*this is not an advertisement) lol.

 We started with planning, then shopping. Shopping. Shopping. Shopping. Wegman's. Sam's Club. Tops. BJ's... repeat. And I can't forget the appalled glances we received from fellow shoppers. They must have been confused as to why two (young, beautiful, accomplished..) women would buy in such extreme bulk. 

Multi-tasking- a very important thing women do. It is a learned skill that Irina here seems to have mastered!

 A lesson for all: Satisfaction in food is 100% taste and 100% presentation.

 One of my favorites we made. Berry pretzel dessert shooters. Using this recipe: click here

After running around like crazy we finally had time to just chill. I am disappointed that Lesya and I did not take any pictures together with our matching aprons!

What a unique experience. All credit and praise goes to God for giving us wisdom and strength! 

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."
Colossians 3:23. 24

I am not posting to brag about an accomplishment. I want this message to be clear... Don't let fear stop you. Pray. And then do it as if working for the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Natasha MoshkovskiyJanuary 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

    You guys were amazing and the food was amazingly good! It was so much fun helping you guys and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and Lesya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nat.. I can't say thank you enough for being there to help every day. You are certianly a very hard worker, I can tell you are related to Lesya! Haha. I can't wait till its your turn to run the kitchen in a few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, miss you girls and sucks I missed this time :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Nik very good to hear from you! Good thing we have something to look forward to in the summer... hehe

    ReplyDelete