Saturday, October 27, 2012

Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:

2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
14oz package shredded coconut (I used the whole pack)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat the egg whites until peaks begin to form.
Gradually begin to add sugar.
Add vanilla and salt.
Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Stir in the coconut.
Drop the coconut onto a cookie sheet using a tablespoon.
Bake 18-20 minutes.
Garnish anyway you desire. I like putting them into colorful cupcake cups and drizzling with milk chocolate.  

*This is Lesya's recipe*

6 comments:

  1. My weakness haha!
    .
    .
    .
    With all these great recipes I'll have to start baking/cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yes :) I would love to see your baking skills!
    And yes, my weakness as well. So yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baking skills are just as good as my writing skills. Oh wait... hmm maybe I have some hiden talents that I don't know about.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha definitely :) some of the best chefs are men by the way! Maybe inside you are a chef, just waiting for his calling... or maybe not. :P you'll never know till you try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Dee! Coconut macaroons are absolutely my favorite, I'm definitely going to give your ingredients a try. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete