Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Superstorm Sandy

60 million people have been effected by this storm. It is massive. I am so grateful to God that our family has been safe. I woke up this morning and looked out the window to see that my neighbors tree toppled over into their driveway, good thing no cars were hit. And looking into our backyard, a lot of work is to be done picking up debris and branches!


  I was only able to pick up some branches, I gave up because there was too much!



These neighbors took extra precautions to keep their trampoline from flying away.

Interestingly enough just a few days ago we were singing this with the Sunday School kiddos, unaware of what was to come:

The wise man built his house upon the rock
The wise man built his house upon the rock
The wise man built his house upon the rock
And the rain came tumbling down

Oh, the rain came down
And the floods came up
The rain came down
And the floods came up
The rain came down
And the floods came up
And the wise man's house stood firm.

I realized how prophetic this song was as I read from Matthew 7 last night during the peak of the storm, Jesus said: 
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

Do not get me wrong, I am not reffering that those who suffered damage to their homes are guilty of having the wrong foundation in life, because that I do not know. I just thought that it was ironic of God to have me read that exact passage last night as the wind was beating down on our house. Let us all take a moment to thank God for securing those who are safe and ask Him to provide for those who are suffering on account of this storm.



3 comments:

  1. So interesting because today I also read a passage in the Old Testament that I immediately connected to the Hurricane. I read Numbers 11:1-3. I just thank God for His mercy on us because His wrath should have been on us people long ago.

    ReplyDelete