Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More About Sandy Relief Missions

Honestly, it's hard to believe that I have been able to take a total of 3 trips to NYC this past month. It is unbelievable that I am able to go during the semester while in nursing school and in a high level biology course. God has been making miracles, what can I say! Each trip has been so dear to my heart, I will forever remember the families we helped, the things I saw and the people I had the opportunity to become close friends with. It really has been an adventure.


Here is our team on Coney Island. We came into this Buddhist couples house mid-day. We started by removing everything from the 1st floor and throwing things out. Then we began to remove all the tile from the floor, let me tell you, that is super hard work. 1st timers were shocked that we were doing something so dangerous! I thought that was silly until I thought about it, it really is not safe because when you hit the tile, little pieces fly all over, it could easily hit someone in the eye and cause damage. God protects us when we are doing His work and being His hands and feet! Removing the tiled floor took most of the day. We also removed the bottom half of the wall if you can see it to the left. The flooding reached about 3 feet into the house, and mold could grow 2 feet above that, meaning we removed about 5 feet of dry wall.


Here I am doing my best to remove the tile. Let me tell you that medal pole thing is heavier than it looks!

It's been a blessing to visit these places. And I will keep encouraging everyone to go help out! There is SO much to be done. People are waiting, living in the mold, hoping someone would help. They can't afford moving into a safer home. What an opportunity to share God's love!!

4 comments:

  1. Simply Amazing and Awesome to see how God is working in your life , God Bless, and next time take me with lol , i have been on two NYC missions trip myself wouldn't mind making it a third lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I agree completely!! You should totally join us! I'll give you more info ")

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great trip and best decision yet! It's one thing to see it on video and listen to someone talk about a missionary trip but totally different experience/feeling when you actually go yourself. This is my first missionary trip and even though it feels like I did very little, I have this great feeling and even bigger desire to do things for other and give to those in need. My dad always says, "скільки не дай, Все одно буде мало" and I always found that funny but it's true. We spend our life gathering for our selves and forget about those who need it more... those who can't afford even 1% of what we have now a days. In Matthew 16:26 it says, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
    I want to take a minute to encourage each and every one who has an opportunity to go, please do not miss this chance. It's a great way to spread the joy and love of our Savior Jesus Christ, especially during the season of giving!


    He died for us, Lets live for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wise words Vadim! It was a blessing to have you and your youth join us for this trip. Keep working for the Lord! I always feel like we do so little, how much of a difference can one house be? But it really does make a difference, we were the hands and feet of Christ Himself and everything is/was planned out for Him and His glory! PS: y'all are free to rejoin us anytime to NYC!

    ReplyDelete