Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Putting Up Cross in Buryatia, Russia 2012

I would really love to post more about Russia but I need some major down time to do that. So watch this video and you will feel like you were right there with us :) We were laughing at one point in the video because after Sergey's speech, he began walking in the wrong direction and someone said "Hе в ту сторону!"

 June 2nd, 2012 "I will never forget climbing the hill with the team, in Podlapatki. I had no idea that we were putting a cross on the hill. I got the change to nail in my first nail ever into the cross. Of course I failed horribly (shocker) and Tony had to help me. But as I was trying to nail in the nail I was imagining nailing my sins to the cross. My fears, doubts and burdens. It was a powerful and humbling experience." -Tanya

4 comments:

  1. This put a huge smile on my face. such good memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! this is amazing. Our youth should have done this when they went climbing to the mountain. We had a team that called them selves the cross and their line was dont just wear your Cross carry it. that would have been nice. This is awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was amazing... One of my favorite memories of our missionary trip to Russia. It brings a smile to my face and joy into my heart to remember how God worked. (and still works!)
    Val, that is an awesome line, very wise "Don't just wear your cross, carry it."

    ReplyDelete