Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cell Group Meeting

    
     In our cell group we are currently reading and discussing the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. Frankly, we are having an incredible time growing together and learning about purity. This book is not only about dating, it describes a way of Christ centered love for ALL relationships. Here is an excerpt of what we read yesterday.

     "I fear that God might forget me. Instead of trusting in His perfect timing, I often try to take things into my own hands. I grab my life's calender from God and frantically begin to pencil in my own plans and agendas. 'God I know your omnipotent and all that,' I say... Eventually I sheepishly hand back the scheduling of my time, energy and attention, saying, 'Of course I trust You, Lord, but I just think You could use a little help.'"

     "Do you believe that God knows best? Then place your life's calendar at His feet and allow Him to handle the scheduling of your relationships. Trust Him even if it means not dating when other people think you should. When God knows you're ready for the responsibility of commitment, He'll reveal the right person under the right circumstances."

     "'For I know the plans I have for you,' God says, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future' (Jer 29:11). Let's live our todays for His kingdom and entrust our tomorrows to His providence."

     "We couldn't lay our futures in better hands. All we have to do is trust."

No comments:

Post a Comment