Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 Days

I'm probably not supposed to share this. But I guess I would like some moral support.

This morning- 4:30 am before clinical I decided that I would take part in Lent this year!
Ok, no I am not Catholic.
Yes, I am serious.
After some Google searching I decided that this is a good idea.
Yes, maybe wacky. And pretty non-traditional seeing as how I am Pentecostal.
But I have noticed over the last few weeks how much time wasting I spend on Facebook/Instagram.
Especially with nursing school, I need to give my brain a rest from studying once in a while, so I do that by logging onto Facebook or Instagram.
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with social media! It's awesome!
But I have found that instead of finding rest in those websites, I should first be seeking rest in the refuge of my Father's arms. 
Can I get an amen? :)
Today, Feb. 13th starts Lent and it ends on March 30th. So why 40 days? These forty days represent the time Jesus spent in the wilderness being tempted by Satan.
Wow, that is really a long time. 6 weeks. 

Oh yeah, on top of abstaining from social media- I won't be watching youtube episodes of Masterchef (my favorite show ever) or any movies. 

Anyway I'm already having trouble with not checking my Facebook. How sad is that!? Lol.

Now I have a question for you... What would you give up for 40 days?

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome. And it's a protestant tradition too...I would love to support you, and I think I might join you. WANNA BE ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS????????
    I won't do facebook if you don't...and instagram...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I can't think of something I would give up-maybe dessert. I would probably set up some kind of goal for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about giving up dessert as well... but I decided that giving up social media would prove to be more challenging in a way because I am forced to spend my time differently from what I am accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40 days is long! God Bless ya... I better not see u on the facebooks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes very long.. Haha! Vadik, if you see me on Facebook I give you permission to yell at me. :)

      Delete