Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Buryatia

Hey everyone! Sorry for being MIA for a bit, just making some changes to the blog look. It's good to be back. Ok this may seem totally random but I've been thinking about my missionary trip to Russia this past summer. Here are some pictures I found that I thought I'd share.
We found random kids off the street to play with.. Rather, they found us! This was at our church home.

Our very serious, dare I say...silly, spontaneous, people-loving pastor of the church. Mihayil Ivanovich
Beautifully hyper children.
The girl who didn't talk much, but she did dance when we sang songs. I still think about her.
Lake Baikal. We just sat on the rocks and stared at the majesty of God's hand.
The men did construction on a church in a small village. Those ponchos are simply a must-have for any wardrobe!
The play. The coat symbolized our sin and flesh and how Jesus took it all upon Himself at the cross.
Dashinema, part of our team. He had a moving testimony about how God healed him because he was completely paralyzed and his struggle with running from God and finally coming to know Jesus.
Our guys picked us flowers from a random field.
Brother Sasha. I still remember his laugh. He was a good bus driver.
In action: Throwing LOVE to the kids. (It was a play about sharing God's love)
My one and only Buryatia Family. I love them so much.
What an awesome experience we had! Thank you God!

3 comments:

  1. Are you planning on going back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say... no I am not planning on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog changes and such sweet memories that'll last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete