Friday, April 26, 2013

Value

*
A friend called me a few days ago asking me how much does a 13k ring cost? I kinda just went.. uhhh. I do not pay much attention to such matters, I have no idea. She proceeded to explain herself because I was beginning to wonder if she had received a proposal or something (lol). Turns out she found a ring a few years ago during her high school years and thought nothing of it; she simply thought it looked cool and added it onto her car key ring. Years pass by. A few days ago, she was with her friends in Tim Hortons and someone noticed that she had a real gold ring hanging on her keys. She was shocked to find out that the ring could possibly be very valuable! I can't help but think about every time she started the engine, the ring would hang there, possibly worth more than the car itself... all those years! Isn't that crazy? How could someone carry around such an object of value and not even understand the worth? It got me thinking... I am so very guilty of doing the same, in a spiritual sense. How often I walk around, adding God to my little key chain, never stopping to think... WOW, how precious and valuable! Maybe you can sympathize with me. Dear friends, let us stop a moment and take in the beauty of Christ, let us understand the unmeasurable value of what was done for us on the cross. Stop. Think. Stand in awe. Let's not be numb to the truth. Do not dare get used to it, do not dare forget the value of yourself, the value of Christ.

Have a blessed week everyone :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment