Thursday, August 16, 2012

Youth Camp 2012: Identity

 

 I love youth camp! It amazes me how every year is different from the last. It is inevitable for older youth to grow up, get married and younger youth to take their place. Seeing different faces each year makes me genuinely happy, because I know they will get a glance of the Lord.

 During our free time we gathered for games, such as mafia which is shown above. Lol Lesya is trying to defend herself because the group thought she was the mafia (check out Lesya's blog here). It makes me giggle to see Alex there in the middle, the true mafia, quietly and "innocently" watching.

Camp was more than just games though. Our church services were blessed. Here is the paper shredder, it looks a bit silly with a shirt on it, but this paper shredder was part of an awesome exercise we did. On some paper we wrote down all the lies we have told ourselves over the years, the lies that Satan often whispers into our ears. It was difficult to open up and start writing but once I wrote down the first lie "You are not good enough.", the rest flowed from my hand freely. Then I had the opportunity to go up to the front and place this paper into the shredder. The red shirt represented the blood of Christ, in Him we are new creatures, no longer do those lies affect us. We have victory in Him! He shredded our sins and made us His 2,000 years ago when He died on the cross of Calvary. 

Identity: the state or fact of remaining the same one or ones, as under varying aspects or conditions.

 Our identity is in Christ. No matter my situation, or emotion I remain in Him. Don't you love that?

1 comment:

  1. Lol...the true mafia looking "innocent"...lol. Not at all.

    This camp was such an amazing blessing. I loved it so much. I think I'm detoxing-all of my dreams have been currently about this camp. I so cannot wait for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete