Sunday, November 25, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Soup

My mom's reaction "Diana, it so good, but too spicy." It was perfect to everyone else! Some people cannot handle hot sauce. This soup turned out really yummy, partly because I added my own spin on it*.

 

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter

3 stalks celery, diced (I didn't have celery so I added one medium carrot, graded)

1 Small onion, diced
 
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (We ran out of everything except whole wheat flour)

3/4 cup half-and-half cream (Seemed too fattening so I used our 2% milk, and it was still perfect)

3 cups water
  
1 cube chicken bouillon (All I could find was pork bouillon... strange but it worked. lol)

2 cups cubed cooked chicken

1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, or more to taste

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (Mozzarella is fine too)

1/2 cup rice (not part of original recipe)

 salt and pepper to taste (+ billions of different seasonings that I thought smelled good, can't even name them.)

*When saying I added my own spin, I mean I couldn't find half the ingredients so I had to use what I could find.

Directions

 Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat; cook the celery and onion in the melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and allow to cook until absorbed, about 2 minutes more. Slowly stir the half-and-half and water into the mixture. Dissolve the bouillon in the liquid. Stir in the chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stirring occasionally, allow the soup to simmer until the the cheese has melted completely, about 10 minutes.

 

I am notorious for not following recipes. So you try something new, who knows it might be delish!

 

original recipe link: 

 http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-soup/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=buffalo%20chicken%20wing%20soup&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Search%20Results  


No comments:

Post a Comment