Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21st

I do not know if I am the only one with this memory, but I feel I should share just to check to see if any one else can relate.

 I remember all the kids gathered around a big calender and the teacher lady went around to each of my peers asking with enthusiasm, "When is your birthday, *insert name*?" Finally this strange tall lady asks me that same question. My palms get sweaty and my heart races.

I don't know.

Teacher probably had to look it up.

The End.
------------------------------------------
A sad story indeed. Considering I was a wide-eyed 4 year old in preschool, that was a scary moment. I was sure to practice saying my birthday in my head from then on. Anyway, that day is today. Happy Birthday to me! November 21st. 20 years old. Landmark moment. I have a path ahead of me. And now here is a song that really touched my heart: 

Already There

From where I'm standing Lord it's so hard for me to see Where this is going And where You're leading me I wish I knew how All my fears and all my questions Are gonna play out In a world I can't control
Oh, oh
When I'm lost in the mystery To You my future is a memory Cause You're already there You're already there Standing at the end of my life Waiting on the other side And You're already there You're already there
Oh, oh, oh, oh
From where You're standing Lord, You see a grand design That You imagined When You breathed me into life And all the chaos Comes together in Your hands Like a masterpiece Of Your picture perfect plan
When I'm lost in the mystery To You my future is a memory Cause You're already there You're already there Standing at the end of my life Waiting on the other side And You're already there You're already there
One day I'll stand before You And look back on the life I've lived I can't wait to enjoy the view And see how all the pieces fit (x2)
One day I'll stand before You And look back on the life I've lived Cause You're already there You're already there When I'm lost in the mystery To You my future is a memory Cause You're already there You're already there Standing at the end of my life Waiting on the other side And You're already there You're already there
You are already there

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY AND MAY YOU CONTINUE TO WALK IN HIS WILL AND FOLLOW HIS FOOTSTEPS. MAY HE GRANT YOU YOUR HEARTS WISHES AND MAY YOUR LIFE BE SHOWERED WITH HIS BLESSINGS AND HIS MERCY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lena! It means a lot! God bless you as well!

    ReplyDelete