Monday, November 19, 2012

Sandy Relief Weekend

Looking back three weeks ago, I never would have imagined what was to come. Two weeks ago I had no idea that one of the largest storms to hit New York would be on it's way to reek havoc on us. Even more so the idea of going to NYC to provide relief for the storm was not on my list of things to do. It all simply happened. I love how God does that. He does exceedingly above all I dream of and could possibly imagine.

This is what the typical street on Staten Island looked like (more towards the beach). Filled with 1. Debris 2. People (residents and volunteers) 3. Supply trucks/vehicles 4. People giving away food, supplies, clothing

  You would see this typically in front of each house. Our team pretty much spent the entire day tearing down a basement.

Our living quarters. You just gotta love waking up on an air mattress with your body sinking to the floor!! By the way we were located in a convent! I totally felt the holiness of the previous nuns rub off on me!


We spent day two moving stuff from this basement which was filled to the rim and ceiling with boxes/bags of clothing and blankets. 

Spending two weekends in NYC is something I will never forget. If you ever get the chance to go out and be a help to someone in need, you should go without questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment