Thursday, September 8, 2011

Song for the Day

Hi there! I'm not going to get into how amazing my day has been, but it has been blessed because at every turn of this day I see God leading me! He is so good!

Have you ever listened to a song and sang along, not putting two cents into what you really are singing? Oy well I'll confess that I've done that more times than I can count. So today, I really listened to a song. Please read the words and let God talk to you through them:


Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong
When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me
Cause I'll never get by, living on my own ability
How refreshing to know You don't need me
How amazing to find that You want me
So I'll stand on Your truth and I'll fight with Your strength
Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me.

To reach out with Your hands,
To look with Your eyes
To love with a love of a Savior
To feel with Your heart and to think with Your mind



(Hey you! Go back read it for real.)

The part that hits me is "How refreshing to know You don't need me, how amazing to find that You want me." What a courageous statement! It's the truth! As humans we tend to lean upon our own nature, thinking the world revolves around us. Or is that just me? But wait, God doesn't need me, I'm nothing compared to Him (literally). Now hit the breaks... He wants me anyway. It's so simple yet complicated, mere words cannot provide an explanation worthy enough. Dwell on this!

Update: I started college! My blog post numbers may seem to dwindle, but trust me, every day I have something to say, a new idea, a fresh revelation. Therefore, I am writing it all down so when I'm ready I could expand and make a post for that specific topic. In other words, I'm planning posts for the future on account of school delaying me a tad! God Bless :)




2 comments:

  1. Definately saw the () before reading the song, you got me! Im going back to read it...
    Ooooh I really like that line as well, what is the song title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Good, I'm glad this gets ur attention) hehehe... its Casting Crowns "In Me" :)

    ReplyDelete