Friday, May 11, 2012

Cell Group Meeting

I'm always so happy to see how cell groups are forming with time. I believe that God is working in each group and each group is so different and aimed towards different kinds of people. I would say our cell group is aimed for younger girls. High school girls. God knows what they go through in high school, lol! Really though, high school was a trial. And we should be praying for all the kids who are in school because they are in a perfect mission field but often fail to notice! I pray for the girls in our cell group because they have such potential to reach out and shine the light of Jesus in the midst of darkness.

We have been reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I even had the pleasure of buying a copy of this book for a girl in our group and she is reading it in school with her friend!

Recently, we have been meeting up at a cute little coffee shop in the center of town. I think we all live within 1-8 minutes from this location so it is very nice. I love trying new teas so here is my large tea. It looks pretty monstrous!

As a cell group we have been inspired to visit Rock the Lakes this summer. It will take place on June 16th and 17th in Sahlen's Stadium. We thought it would be effective to have our hw be to bring at least one non-believing friend to this event. God inspired me to bring this idea to the group so that the girls could bring in a friend or two from high school. I know that they will hear the gospel message there. If you would like to learn more about Rock the Lakes click here: http://www.billygraham.org/articlepage.asp?articleid=8440
Pretty much last time Rock the Lakes was in Rochester in 1988 there was a revival! Whoot! Praying that it will happen again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Maybe that's gonna be the revival we've been praying for.

    ReplyDelete