Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yield



Young people often find themselves longing to change the world. Fiery passion for Christ pumps through us, leaving us wondering “What can I do to make an impact?” The answer is you cannot. Alone, that is. In Christ alone, all is possible. Apart from Him, all is hopeless. As mere humans, it is physically impossible for us to merit in God’s eyes when depending on our own strength. The rebellious nature grips our flesh with a solid hold, our weakness too great to overcome with our mustered up will power. Let this truth humble us, but not leave us completely shattered. There is hope. Christ says to Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9: “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Paul responds: “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 

Instead of asking the Lord: “What can I do?” ask “What can You do through me? This allows the Holy Spirit room to empower you fully. Surrender the reins to Him, it is an all or nothing deal. The choice is in your hands. Choose to live in your own power, or choose to completely yield to the loving God of the universe.   

1 comment: