Thursday, May 10, 2012

Zucchini

I have been majorly craving summer food. Especially grilled zucchini. So last night after Tim Horton's at 12 am we stopped by Wegmans and I bought some. I don't even know how to turn on our gas grill (I would probably explode something) so I worked with our panini press.

Cut the zucchini and salt according to taste. Leave on open panini press for 5 minutes. Add one teaspoon olive oil to pan and let it heat up. Press two pieces of garlic and fry in oil for one minute. Drip a little bit of this oil onto the zucchini, add pepper and close the panini maker. Let it cook for 5 minutes or until brown and softened. Add a few drops of fresh squeezed lemon juice onto the cooked zucchini. 

Serve zucchini with whatever you like! I served it with teriaki salmon and summer crab salad.

1 comment: