Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life Bubbles

Have you ever sat down and really wondered: Who am I? Well I was challenged to do so and to write it down on Tuesday at a girls group meeting at Irene's house. It goes like this- write your name in a bubble in the middle then branch out from there into things that are important to you- ministry, career, mother, daughter, wife, hobbies... and so on, and then from there you continue to write down why this is important to you, and different details that come to mind. Go ahead, get a piece of paper and a pen! Here is mine, I'm not shy to show you :) Once you write about who you are, write down what you want to be in the corresponding categories right next to what you already wrote.

This little exercise helped me put things into perspective. And the even easier part (maybe harder for some) is to write down your weaknesses on the back!

So what's been going on in my life you ask?
Ok maybe you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway! I got a job first of all, as a home health aid, takin care of grandpa Frank! He's a sweetie! I pretty much just give him his meds, walk down the hallway with him, do laundry and watch csi with him. It's a piece of cake and I'm really enjoying it.
Today at work, I took an old book with me called "And the Shofar Blew", I've read it many times because I love books and I seem to reread the good ones almost every summer. I need some new books! Anyway Francine weaves a touching story of a preachers wife, and how their relationship is strained because of his passion towards growing a congregation. Very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember doing that when we did girls group. Wish I had it...would be awesome to look back and see if my perspective on things/life have changed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im thinking to try that out:)

    ReplyDelete