- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- For bread bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. For muffins bake for about 40 min or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing.
*I didn't use nutmeg. I don't think I ever have.
*Using normal chocolate chips work just as well as the mini.
Props to one of my fav online sites for recipes: