Tuesday, March 6, 2012

God's Promises: Day I

God spoke the universe into creation. All matter was created through the single spoken sentence of the almighty God. In fact, the word "universe" is just that. By definition "uni" single, "verse" sentence. Now imagine what His word could do today! I started a devotional last night, and I would like to share with you my seven day journey through some of God's promises.

Pray: God connect with me here. I seek You in Your word. Begin with focus and openness to see what God has for you.

Read: slowly. Take note of intriguing words and phrases and read them a second time.

Reflect: on what strikes you as you read. Think through what God is communicating to you at this point in your life.

Respond: to the passage. Speak to God directly about what's on your mind and heart. Look for ways to live out what you've uncovered.

The Passage:
1 Timothy 4:16-18
 "At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom..." 

Pictures from this post:
 http://pinterest.com/pin/92464598568961318/  http://pinterest.com/pin/215328425903157674/pinterest.com/pin/215328425903157674/ pinterest.com/pin/215328425903157674/



1 comment: