PS: Don't be fooled by the title... You will not get washboard abs after eating a batch of these.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and egg. Stir together baking soda, water and vanilla; add to creamed mixture. Add flour and mix well. Shape into walnut-sized balls. Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with a fork that has been dipped in water. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on waxed paper.
Props to Allrecipies.com! Click the link here: