Thursday, March 1, 2012

Vadim’s Perfected Banana Bread

By far the best banana bread I have ever made and tasted. I would recommend you try it!


Cost to Make: $4
Servings: 10 (1 loaf)

Ingredients:
3 to 4 ripe bananas
½ cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups flour (we use “better for bread” flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup walnuts
½ cup raisins

How to Make Banana Bread:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn.
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
Add beaten eggs and crushed bananas; combine well
In a separate bowl, mix together:  flour, baking soda and salt.
Add to creamed mixture.
Add vanilla.
Mix in chopped walnuts and raisins.
Pour into greased and floured loaf pan (see photos below).
Bake for 65 minutes (test with a toothpick at 60 minutes. If it comes out clean, it’s done).


Props to:
http://natashaskitchen.com/2009/12/11/vadims-perfected-banana-bread/
This Natasha character is really cool. She shares Slavic food recipes on her site and it all seems amazing, I'm sure that I'll be trying out her recipes in the future!





4 comments:

  1. I second that!!! IT is THE BEST banana bread I've had too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try that too !!!!!!!!!!!! It looks very delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it too, its amazing!!.. i seriously crave it like everyday now until i make it:P thanks for the recommendation girls:)

    ~Natalya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you made it Nat! Guess what? It's really good with dried cranberries instead of raisins, so I would recommend that also if you like the taste of cranberries

    ReplyDelete