Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hey

Hello! 2 more days till vacation :) yay!!! I'm really looking forward to getting away, I'm not expecting too much, just relaxing away from the parents, school and horrible stress of senior year. Haha the words stress and senior year should never appear in the same sentence! :) It's been an awesome year and it's finally coming to an end. I have waited for quite a time now (13 years?), and here I am. It's bitter-sweet to be honest, but on the most part the sweetness of it overpowers all other aspects!
Continuing, this weekend was the annual Syracuse Tent Conference. Good times! The last sermon on Sunday night is sticking with me the most (I was a tad distracted during other sermons on account of a puddle of sweat magically appearing on the floor :P) Yeah, it was HOT. Anyway the last sermon was about holiness. I always knew holy meant "set apart", but in the back of my mind I tend to hear the word holy and imagine a person, with a beautiful gleaming face among white robes and preferably a halo of some sort. It's time for me to change that image! In 1 Corinthians 1:2 Paul writes:

"To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ--their Lord and ours..."

He called them HOLY! Yeah big deal, but if you keep reading, Paul clearly writes about things such as disputes among the church, sexual immorality, food sacrificed to idols, and a bunch of other things that the church needed guidance with. They made lots of mistakes, yet were still called holy. That’s beautiful! Ok I have to go, hopefully my thoughts made sense!

By the way I had a fun day today mowing the lawn with my mom, grandma, Pushok, Tanya and her sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment