Friday, July 8, 2011

Basic Waffles

I made these yesterday when Yuls was over. It's such a quick and easy recipe... Your family will fall in love with the home-style taste of these breakfast goodies, and never buy the frozen waffles again. Sometimes I even make 2 batches and freeze the leftovers! One con for this recipe is that you need a waffle maker... It's great if you own this machine but is probably disappointing if you don't have this machine.

Ingredients:
-2 cups flour
-2 Tablespoons sugar
-1 Tablespoon baking powder (not to be confused with baking soda... NAT.. :P lol, remember?)
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 3/4 cups milk
-1/3 cup oil
-2 eggs

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in one bowl. In separate bowl whisk together milk, oil and eggs. Gradually add liquid mixture to dry mixture. Stir until just blended. Makes 4 1/2 cups batter.
Pour the batter into the ready waffle maker... wait a few min...
 TADA!! Yummy yummy in my tummy!! Instead of using syrup I like to mix some sour cream with homemade raspberry or black current preserves! Try it and you will like it!

6 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yummy!!!! Diana, seriously I'd love to sample some of your mouth-watering creations *hint, hint* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will!! We should have a party where we bring in our own dishes or something at my place, then we can all blog about it! :P lol hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Great idea! Hey, where can I purchase a waffle maker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We purchased ours at Walmart... but you know what? I'm actually selling one myself on craigslist, it's a simple one my mom got as a gift but we never used becasue we have one already. I'm selling it for 10 bucks, never used, never opened :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh really? Hey, what's the link to your craigslist? By the way, you've mentioned selling things on there before, which by the way is too cool for school!!! I love selling things online.. but I use eBay. I also recommend it ;) But then again, I know nothing about craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I linked up other things I have in my house (unused blender, dog cage, dog carrier...) but my camera broke so I'm yet to post up the waffle maker until we get a new camera. But Craigslist is awesome cuz you don't have to ship anything, you exchange emails with some one who is interested with a secure email and if you trust them you meet up and exchange money for product! This week I'm selling the dog carrier and blender. It's just a great thing to do because I get money for selling something I had but never used/rarely used and someone who needs it gets what they want!!

    ReplyDelete