Monday, July 18, 2011

VBS2011

What a blessed VBS indeed! This was quite a unique year because first of all the staff had their priorities straight... When you strive for a goal according to God's will; to save the souls of children, He will help and come through! This year instead of having the mindset of: lets get through this by getting the kids busy with activities like games, worksheets and services, we instead had the mindset of: care for the kids, love them, and most importantly- lead them to Christ. This year left me with the joy and bliss in my heart knowing many children sincerely gave their lives to Jesus, they got a taste of true faith and prayer and blessing in the Holy Spirit!

 Teachers of Tribe Joseph: Dee and Lesya :)

Overview of each day:
Day 1
Bible Point: Jesus had a family…we do too.
Bible Verse: “For nothing is impossible with God.” (Luke 1:37)
Day 2
Bible Point: Jesus had a name…we do too.
Bible Verse: “I have called you by name; you are mine.” (Isaiah 43:1)
 Day 3
Bible Point: Jesus had a home…we do too.
Bible Verse: “There is more than enough room in my Father’s home.” (John 14:2) 
Day 4
Bible Point: Jesus went to church…we do too.
Bible Verse: “Let us go to the house of the Lord.” (Psalm 122:1)
 Day 5
Bible Point: Jesus served others…we do too.
Bible Verse: “Serve one another in love.” (Galatians 5:13)

I absolutely LOVED my classroom this year! I was initially supposed to be the main teacher but I know God had other plans... So Lesya was chosen to be the teacher! Honestly I have never had the experience of having total power over the classroom with someone my age, I'm used to being with an older teacher. I think that instead of the kids taking advantage of our ripe young age, they had respect for us, connected with us and learned to interact well with us! Lesya, you honestly have a God-given gift with teaching. You are made for it, and I don't want you to be proud or anything, so I'll just stop at that because your simply just a perfect teacher :)

 Beautiful Tribe Joseph. I love each and everyone of them, even if I'm bad at remembering their names!

My favorite day of the week: Thursday. This was the day we had the altar call and prayer in the choir room. Praise God for days like this! Children never cease to amaze me with their sincerity, faith and trust in the Lord. After Dima preached, the kids were called to the front if they wanted to accept Jesus as their personal savior. All Praise to Him because it seemed like almost all the kids went up to pray for salvation! I got choked up and was in a state of shock at the beautiful display before me! Nothing can beat seeing lives starting afresh in Christ Jesus!! After this, kids who wanted to be baptized in the Holy Spirit were called to the choir room for a special prayer, I was also shocked to see the amount of kids who had the desire to be filled with the Holy Ghost, a wave of joy spread over my heart just to see that. As we went into that room, I knew this would be a sacred and special time, they were all so silent and respectful as they entered that room. My thoughts as I entered that room were: They will never be the same after this prayer. I knew it for a fact. Praise God we prayed for about thirty minutes and 27 children were baptized in the Holy Spirit! I think that not exactly 27 were baptized, but some of those 27 just had their first meeting and taste of the Holy Spirit, and were kind of young to understand exactly what was going on and what to do and such. 

I was a "teacher" (helper) but instead of teaching I found myself learning from the children and from God.

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Amen girl, amen! Praise Jesus! When I see you, I want to hear about Holy Spirit Day. It's been a while since I've heard stories of children receiving the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Praise to our Gracious and Generous Heavenly Father!

    He is always GOOD to us!

    I found myself seeing that I limited God to age...but He is altogether not like that! He pours out His Spirit on everyone He pleases, especially children. and Jesus Himself made them an example for us to look at.
    Good Job to both of you Diana and Lesya im honored to be on the team with you guys who serve kids!

    God's Blessings!

    p.s. im going to try to get the kids camp video clip to put on the blog, from max, hopefully....do you think its a good idea to put it up?

    ~ira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Amen!! And yes that would be awesome if you put it up... I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete