Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cherry Clafouti

This is an Italian pie custard type of thing that I found in a magazine once and ever since I made it the first time it has become a summer tradition to pick cherries at the farm and bake this at least one time every summer. Today's the day! You can also use rasberries, Lesya and I did that one time after picking berries in her forest. Remember that? Seems like forever and a half ago :) So here is the recipe, I recommend you try it!


Cherry Clafouti

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted
2 Tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cups flour, sifted
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk (any milk works fine)
3/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
powdered sugar for dusting

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and lightly flour a 9x9 baking dish. Toss in almonds and cherries. Wisk eggs, sugars, salt and flour untill smooth. Add milk and extracts. Wisk untill smooth. 
 Pour into baking dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar after fully cooked.

2 comments:

  1. I sure do remember that :) I also remember that cake we tried making...one cake was enough for your and my family...I mean it just DIDNT go fast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAAHA!! I totally forgot that... my brain must be blocking that image from my memory. Lol the family was not "bananas" over that creation of ours.

    ReplyDelete