Thursday, July 7, 2011

Encouragement

Last night was a great night! It brings joy to my heart to see God working in the youth... This is what I have been praying for ever since I can remember: revival for the youth. Okay, maybe the whole youth is not exactly on close terms with God, but it all starts as a small spark, one person, two people who are passionate for Christ, and then the flame becomes unstoppable :) It still hurts to see those who are lukewarm, and don't think that I'm judging them by calling someone lukewarm, some one could ask: who am I to know their spiritual life? Well Jesus said you will know a tree by it's fruits, so pretty much you can view an individuals relationship with Christ simply by viewing their fruits, or behavior in other terms.

This is the time when I feel like I should desire to read the Word of God, but find it hard because it's easier to do something else. I prayed about changing this, so a yearning would ignite in me to read the Word, like I used to. And I feel God is starting to answer my prayer by encouraging me to read more, the past week I have encountered people who continue to encourage me. I love how God works through people! I actually remember talking to a friend who I gave advice on reading the Word of God, I said- No you are not saved by reading the Bible by any means, in order to attain salvation it don't matter how much times you read it cover to cover, all you need is Jesus Christ. His blood and sacrifice is the only thing that could save you. But you know what's important? You need the Word of God to grow. The seed may be softened and planted, but you need water and nourishment from the Word. Being saved is the most important thing in your life, but the steps after are just as important, the growing, the action of God molding you into a beautiful sculpture through good and bad times. So let me pass the encouragement down to you... Read the Word! Let Him saturate your soul and do this while you are young!!

5 comments:

  1. When I hear other ppls' testimonies, that's what always encourages me to draw closer to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with some of what you wrote. Yes, the Bible does have that one verse you mentioned, about knowing a tree by its' fruits. But that's not to be taken out of context, to justify our judgement on each other, or a group of people as a whole. Somehow, it just doesn't sit well with me-your implications towards the youth. I realize it's highly criticized. I also acknowledge that I've judged, or looked at it with disappointment myself. I repent of that. Honestly though, we can't see into their hearts. Into their minds. Your definition of on-fire/passionate for God may be different to another. That's what makes us each UNIQUE in the body of our Heavenly Father. Instead of underestimating, we must think outside the box. Look at the greater picture of things and see the GOOD in our brothers and sisters. We need to ENCOURAGE one another. LEAD by EXAMPLE, and BE the change we want to see in this world! Loving not in 'word' alone but in action and in truth! God gives each of us a UNIQUE talent, but we are not to forget that we're ALL created in His image and we each carry a unique and very important ministry. God sees the heart, and it's HIS judgement ALONE that truly counts. God bless you Diana. I love you sister, and pray that I will not offend you with this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sermon we heard this morning, by a guest from Asheville. -A person living in the flesh will see only the flaws in life... In church; their pastor, congregation, etc. etc. etc. A person of the spirit, however, can look past those flaws and see the wonderful beauty. The beautiful work of the Holy Spirit.-

    What an amazing sermon, that spoke to me very personally, and completely changed my outlook on many things! I have struggled myself, with disappointment (in people), but God has been answering my prayers. Breaking me of my flesh, and giving me His eyes. Our God is a wonderful God. Merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what your saying Luba :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful for seeing it too. If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete