What I like about this recipe is that you can tweak it and use what you have!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup small shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots - peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in sesame oil and stir in onion. Fry until golden, then add garlic. When garlic is lightly browned, mix in shrimp, ham, and chicken. Fry until shrimp is pink.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in celery, carrot, green pepper, and peas. Fry until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in beaten egg and cook just until egg is scrambled and firm.
- When rice is done, mix thoroughly with vegetables and stir in soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to your preference and serve immediately.