Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mindful of Me

"What is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" Hebrews 2:6

After reading this a few days ago, I can't stop thinking about it. It just overshadows everything that I do... I wash the dishes and think about it, I get annoyed by my mom and think about it, I talk to friends... still thinking about it. I have known this verse for a long time, and have sung the song "Who are You that You are mindful of me, that You love me when I fall?" But I have never, maybe in my entire life, had a Bible verse nag me so much. It says: What is man that You are mindful of him? Now that has got to be the ultimate of questions ever existing. Here we are, humans, doing every evil thing under the sun, spitting in God's face with each passing day, committing obscene sins which cannot be spoken of, the exact opposites of God, purposely doing what is wrong... We are disgusting creatures. But here is says that He is mindful of us. I never thought about the word "mindful" it is very interesting in fact... God's mind is full of us, if you think about it literally. Wait wait wait... God's mind is FULL of us? Haha He must be consumed in thoughts of revenge and disgust cuz we are so messed up, right? Well if you keep reading it says that He cares for us... Just dwell on this I beg you! He CARES for us! His mind is full of us because His thoughts towards us are thoughts of a Father loving His child with undeniably strong love. God is mindful of you, He cares for you. Ok so here is the omnipotent God of the universe, thinking about us constantly. His thoughts are aimed at His love for us! And here we are, little gross bugs that think they're all that, having a mindful of selfish desires. Something must be wrong with this picture. Can you see it? I do. I don't think about God enough. My prayer is to be consumed in thought of Him. So have a good day my 3-5 awesome readers! :)     
    <Keep your eyes on the cross>

No comments:

Post a Comment