Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Things I love!

Looking back at yesterdays post I feel like it was so negative. I don't enjoy being a Debbie Downer so let's cheer things up over here.
Things I love:
-Waking up to the sun streaming through your window.
-Falling asleep to the moonlight shining upon your bed.
-Warm bread from the oven with milk.
-Milk. My love. (What a sad miserable sad life for all the lactose-intolerant people)
-Making someone laugh.
-Getting a hand written letter in the mail or finding it in your Bible.
-Childhood birthdays. (Remember that excited feeling?)
-Playing Ninja and cracking all the Christmas ornaments.
-The smell of baby skin.
-Knowing you don't have school the next day.
-A surprise message from your close friend you haven't talked to in a while.
-Old Ukrainian photos.
-The feeling of walking on clouds the first time I came to meet Jesus.
-Deep conversations with your sister.
-The feeling of peace washing over you as you sing worship.
-The sensation of the sun on your face and a warm breeze on your skin.
-Awesome violin and piano music.
-Playing piano and not being able to keep hands still because it just sounds so beautiful that you can't believe your fingers are causing such a breathtaking melody!
-Rowdy family parties, complaining how loud they are, when we ourselves are exactly the same.
-Pushok after a bath, running in circles, making you laugh.
-Mama chasing Pushok around the table. 
-Inside jokes.
-Knowing a secret and keeping it.
-Taking a walk just to listen to God's voice.
-The feeling you have after you work out and go to the sauna. Endorphins!
-The smell of something specific that triggers a childhood memory.
-Knowing everything is in God's hands.
-Having a good shopping day.
-Walking along the beach early in the morning, picking up shells and taking to your mom.
-Listening and watching your dad act like a child.
-Getting compliments on your hair which took zero effort to put together.
-Light bulb moments.
-Reading a good book, getting half way, and being excited that you still have so much to read!
-The sound of raindrops and wind against your window.
-The bright sun shining upon the perfectly untouched and unblemished snow.
-Being angry, then making up. After that you feel closer than ever.
-People sending you a text message 12 am on your birthday morning.
-Watching cartoons on Saturday morning.
-The last day of school.
-Knowing you aced a test.
-Youth camp- being forced to get out of your comfort zone and make a play out of random props. Glue!
-Three on three volleyball. Relaxed and fun.
-Babushka coming over on a Sunday and eating lunch with her.
-Cherry wars.
-Picking apples, peaches, strawberries, currents, raspberries and cherries at the local farm.
-Having an organized closet.
-Shrimp. Cheese. Veggies. Fruits. Sour milk. I'll keep going on and on. So pretty much food makes me happy.
-Warm blanket when the house is chilly.
-Late night prayers.
-Laughing till you cry and can't breathe.
-Scented candles lit up as you study.
-Knowing my life is a blank book set before me, ready for me to begin my journey.
-Making plans that you are pretty sure will not work out, but planning and dreaming anyway.
-Babushka's tummy bouncing as she laughs.
-Mama always asking me what she should do, though she already knows what she wants to do.
-Andriy bringing home a squeaky toy for the dog and calling me the baby of the family.
-Vitaliy coming over for a sandwich.
-Tanya. Everything about her.
-The way Natalya's eyes smile and her face lights up as she laughs.
-The expression on Lesya's face as she describes her future classroom.
-The way my cousins get so freaked out by cops.
-Luda's crazy ideas such as asking for things that don't exist in a McDonald's drive thru.
-Yuliya's ever popular saying "I'm dieing" in order to get your attention.
-Vova's laugh when he thinks he said something smart.
-David saying he misses everyone in Rochester.
-Getting a late night message from Igor and sharing Bible verses with him.
-Making Dasha smile and laugh and say "Diana stop making me smile!"

I can go on forever. God has blessed my life, and the thing I love the most out if everything is the fact that His love is undeserved but free for the taking. Who am I that He could be mindful of me? He has blessed me with a list of things so long that it could coil around the planet earth an infinite number of times. Thank You God not just for the things, but for You. Dwell on the things you love, and God's love, it is very encouraging to have this kind of mindset... Have a blessed Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment