Sunday, April 17, 2011

Refelction on Ecclesiastes

Yesterday a wise friend of mine suggested I read the book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible... so I did, and this morning I finished it up. Honestly, I was not super excited to read this book. I knew the drill with Ecclesiastes: "all is vanity"... And I have wondered about this book... Wasn't Solomon sucked into a life of idolatry because of his bazillion wives? Why should I listen to this guys advice?! Then I remembered something I learned in Sunday school: "The world of God is living and active." Hebrews 4:12. And Ecclesiastes proved not to disappoint. I learned that no matter what we do as humans, we are never satisfied. We want to work work work and get riches so Solomon compares that to a river having streams come into it, but never getting full. We are never satisfied. We even learned that in secular high school English... The human nature is to want the "America Dream", but it is not reachable.
So the conclusion of this book was awesome: It says "Remember your Creator in the days of your youth"... I'm eighteen and the years are flying by. Most people my age just want to go to college and party. It's a sad sight to see. I'm a minority, because when I was just twelve I accepted Jesus Christ and I repented! I want to soak in God right now more than ever, I have all the time in the world! I want to remember Him now because I know I will have less time later in life. I also know for a fact that my non-believing friends see that I'm strange in a way. Other than me being a FOB, I know they respect me because of my walk with God. And I pray for them and hope they will turn to Him one day!
This book also concluded with "Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." I have to say, it speaks for itself, so I recommend you read this book in the Bible, and see for yourself what it has to say about everyday life.
Have a nice Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment