Friday, April 1, 2011

Looking Back and Forward

      As I walk through the high school hallways every morning, I always have these two thoughts: 1.) "I just want to get out of here as soon as possible." and 2.) "Is this the state of humanity right now?" Unfortunately, on most days I'm numb to it all and have an uncaring heart towards everything, but other days I'm left with a broken heart for the thirsty souls who walk down that hallway. By their actions I can see that they long for true love, the kind of love that can only be fulfilled by the unconditional love of Christ.
      Seeing as how my high school career is coming to an end in a few months, I look back at the years now more than ever, and regret my actions, or should I say, lack of action. I should have reached out more, I should have come out of my comfort zone and done something to further the kingdom of God. I question why I would stay so close to my "Ukie" friend circle and selfishly hog our knowledge of salvation to ourselves? But the cold hard truth is that looking back and regretting what I missed out on will do me no good! I cannot change the past.
      So what does the future hold for me? I have a few months left to shine my light here in Hilton high school. I pray out of weakness, because in me is nothing good. I won't ask for strength or superhuman abilities to preach like never before. I must stay humble and weak, as an empty vessel, because my striving will do me no good. My best works are dirty rags to the Lord ... The game plan is simple when reading 2 Corinthians 12:9 "for My strength is made perfect in weakness". If I am one thing, I am weak... So I pretty much got that part down quite well, so the rest is up to God. So God, here I am, send me if You will, I'll be waiting and ready for that opportunity to shine for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment